Thursday, November 10, 2005

Restoring the ark of God

I've got a renewed passion for God's presence. I am hungry for the manifest presence of God. I've recently started reading God Chasers by Tommy Tenney again. It's one of my favorite books. I desire to see God's glory manifested in His house. I realize this can only come through pursuing His presence, and dying to self. I am tired of church as "usual". I desire to have an encounter with Him. I want fire from heaven to fall upon me and consume me even as it did on the day of Pentecost. That fire changed Peter from one who denied Christ to one who proclaimed the power of the Cross with boldness. The early church had something that we do not. They were walking in a fullness of power. They were walking in the annointing and seeing the manifest presence of God change people's lives. Deaf ears were opened, and blind eyes could see once again. The supernatural and miraculous were commonplace. The Philistine spirit of this age has stolen the ark of God from the temple of God. I am not only referring to the church, but to us as temples of the Holy Ghost. But God is calling the Davids--the worshippers, and intercessors to rise up and bring the ark of God back to it's rightful place. It will take time on our knees. It will take time of repentance and turning back to our first love. But the ark of God will return and we will see the glory of God in His house once again.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Daniel Davis said...

Surprise! I got this blog a long time ago. I was going to use it for a class I was teaching, but it never got off of the ground. I probably won't post here, but will use it to comment.

Rhonda and I would love to get with you guys soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home